Head of Internal Audit Unit (IT) Full-time Job3 months ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 81 views
Head of Internal Audit Unit (IT)
Location: HQ Phnom Penh Job Overview The incumbent is responsible for ensuring successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from beginning to ending, inclusive of preplanning and wrap-up activities, implementing the assigned engagements then reports to Internal Audit Manager or Head of Internal Audit Department, managing and directs daily activities of more internal auditors or junior auditors assigned to assist the Supervising Auditor during the engagements, applying risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues, communicating identified issues with Internal Audit Manager and/or Head of Internal Audit Department to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. Key Responsibilities
- Identifies and evaluates risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Assists Head of Internal audit in preparing the annual audit plan
- Plan, perform and follow-up on assigned projects in line with the annual internal audit plan, particularly compliance and information technology audits, focusing on primary business risks.
- Oversees a staff of IT auditors responsible for auditing information systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security.
- Develop risk-based audit programs to assess and test controls in accordance with the audit objectives, especially in topics of Logical Access, Network Infrastructure, Database Security, Cloud Computing, General Information Security, SDLC, Architecture, Project/Program Management, IT Operations, and Change Management.
- Provides trainings, coaching and guidance to internal audit team leader, senior internal audit and internal auditors in conducting audit and other related issues.
- Prepares, participates in team and leads the group audit.
- Drafts and delivers the audit report to Internal Audit Manager & Head of Internal Audit Department for review undertaking the agreed timeframe.
- Communicates and/or assists in communicating the results of audit via written reports and oral presentations to managements and ensures management response and action to audit findings and recommendations as agreed timeframe.
- Reviews audit programs, audit check list, working paper and other related documents in order to fit with the situations,
- Assists Internal Audit Manager & Head of Internal Audit Department in evaluating senior auditors and internal auditors’ performance.
- Build and maintain respectful and effective communication and relationship with teams, managements and staffs of areas under review.
- Maintains confidentiality of bank and customer affairs in accordance with standards of professional conduct of auditors.
Performs related works as assigned by Internal Audit Manager & Head of Internal Audit Department. Qualification/Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
- A minimum of at least 2 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE) is preferred
- English proficiency: Fluently both speaking and writing
- Leadership skills, work and outcome orientation
- Polite, friendly, reflective, communicative, reliable, honest and single-minded
Other Information This position is demanded and outcome sharpening which confront a lot more challenges with the auditees and business partners; therefore, it needs to sacrifice times and endeavor in order to achieve this position, as in the following:
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good communication skills along with good or developing negotiation skills
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
We recognize our greatest asset is our people. That is why we are creating a unique climate of inspiration, leadership and great opportunities that will enable the best in market to thrive a part of our diverse team. To support our fast growth, we are currently looking for strategic orientated, customer-oriented and motivated individuals for the following positions to join us in our journey to grow our business and people.