Head of Finance Audit Unit Full-time Job1 year ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 475 views
Head of Finance Audit Unit
Posted: 07/Mar/2022 - Closing Date: 07/Apr/2022
Head of Financial Audit Unit is responsible to assist the Deputy Head of Internal Audit Division in developing and executing the audit plan, take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits, contribute to the Internal Audit (lA) function by designing the applicable planning tool, execution tool, and validating the audit mandate report, guide team member to identify risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the team leader for financial, operational, compliance, and other head office audits.
- Prepares for audits, research regulations, understands policies and procedures, develops an audit program with management and uses it as foundation to perform fieldwork.
- Prepares or review accurate and suitable testing sheets, collects and archives supporting audit work papers to substantiate audit findings.
- Drafts audit reports containing risk-ranked audit findings and recommendations for mitigating actions.
- Collects management responses including action plans and ensures management responses adequately address the audit findings.
- Conducts audit closing meeting at the end of each mandate; describes the audit work performed and includes management remediation plan in final report published to senior management and the Supervisory Committee.
- Develops and maintains key relationships with all members of the organization including staff, management, and external stakeholders to ensure productive communication and identification of risks.
- Ensures full compliance with Advance Bank of Asia's Service Standards, policies, procedures and regulation.
- Active and professional communication and engagement with business units of the Bank.
- Deliver appropriate assurance through quality audit reports supported by appropriate audit evidence.
- Ensure relevant management of the Bank keep informed of progress of audit assignment, areas of concerns, open and overdue recommendation/issue.
- Ensure the accuracy and correctly of audit report.
- Ensure productive use of resources (self and others).
- Ensure timely performance of internal audit work for both comprehensive surprise and special audit.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Banking, or other related fields.
- Experience in managing large audit or risk teams working on complex and high-profile reviews – with complexities such as multi geographies, multiple stakeholders, different areas of subject matter expertise, coupled with significant banking & finance industry knowledge.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a management role in Financial Audit, Risk Management and Compliance or minimum of five years experiences in auditing or related fields.
- Tertiary qualified, ideally with Professional (CPA/CIA) and / or Post Graduate qualifications with technically relevant skills (i.e. accounting, audit, credit risk, technology).
- Operational and financial audit experience with a full understanding of COSO, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing & Practice Advisories, risk-based auditing, and the ability to independently drive the audit process including planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking.
- Experience working with and influencing senior managers in the business.
- Experience in supporting change and overcoming resistance to change.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and conflict management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening and interpreting skills.
- Significant demonstrated experience in managing audit or risk project teams.
- Self-starter and with team spirit experience.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex financial data.
- Strong data analysis skills.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through email@example.com.