Senior Finance Officer Full-time Job1 week ago - Microfinance Institution - Phnom Penh - 26 views
Senior Finance Officer
Posted:28/04/2020 -Closing Date:28/05/2020
Senior Finance Officer is responsible to provide major assistance to Financial Supervisor and Head of Reporting and Reconciliation Unit as well as provide guidance and mentor junior officer to undertake daily, monthly and yearly tasks effectively.
- Head Officer, Phnom Penh (1 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledge.
- Review reconciliation statements prepared by Reporting Officer.
- Verify the difference or variance and list down reconciling items with properly explanation.
- Obtain fixed deposit certificates.
- Review/Prepare inter-placement and investment reports prepared by Reporting Officer.
- Continuously update inter-placement information such as placement date, maturity date, interest rates, etc.
- Continuously update investment securities information such as investment date, maturity date, interest rates, etc.
- Prepare financial disclosure for inter-placement and investment securities.
- Prepare interest rate due from banks.
- Prepare borrowing listings and continuously maintain and update borrowings information.
- Calculate accrual interest receivables from inter-placement and investment securities, and accrual interest payable from borrowings.
- Prepare accrual interest working paper and tickets.
- Record the AIR and AIP into accounting system.
- Reconcile and prepare ticket for borrowing interest payments.
- Reconcile oversea telex transfer transactions Provide assistance in checking branch monthly budget expenses and record into accounting system.
- Prepare and process payment tickets as requested from other departments.
- Maintain department leaves record and planning and update to Administration Department.
- Flexibly rotate tasks and responsibilities whenever necessary.
- Provide assistance to internal and external audit as necessary.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of document.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Contribute to maintain clean working environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Specification
- Degree in accounting,and post-graduate qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in finance related field and banking industry
- Knowledge in computerized accounting system.
- Knowledge in Cambodian Accounting Standard (CAS) and Cambodian International Financial Reporting Standards (CIFRS)
- Knowledge of financial reports.
- Supervisory skills.
- High teamwork spirit.
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good language skills both Khmer and English.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Professional accountant ethics.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only their updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via the Application form below.