Deputy Head of Compliance Full-time Job1 year ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 1.2K views
Deputy Head of Compliance
Posted:11/01/2019 -Closing Date:08/02/2019
The job holder is responsible for daily operations, both regulatory and AMLCFT compliance function, to be in line with the NBC and BNC standard to achieve the objectives of Compliance Department. S/he will ensure all necessary functions of the department are effectively implemented and fulfil the existing regulatory requirement as well as gaps identified between local and international laws.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop, maintain, and implement all regulatory policies, manuals and procedures;
- Monitor the changes of regulation and provide training or necessary support to first line of defense and related stakeholders.
- Perform impact assessment on changes of those regulations and communicate to stakeholder, and if applicable ensure existence of action plan to have proper implementation of the requirement;
- To review and comment on all policies and procedures (new and/or existing) from all departments on a regular basis to ensure consistencies against regulations issued by authority;
- Leading the Regulatory Compliance Unit to perform compliance independent testing, escalate breaches or potential breaches to management and ensure action are taken to close the gap;
- Participate solving issues according to whistle blowing procedure and issues related to conflict of interest;
- Produce all regulatory reports up on demand;
- Perform assessment and provide advice on new product or services of the bank to ensure consistencies of alignment with regulations;
- Be the contact point for any correspondents/communication with regulator;
- Perform quality control check on all activities of Regulatory Compliance Unit;
AML/CFT Compliance function:
- Collecting and controlling errors of loan proposals submitted by branches.
- Develop, maintain, and implement AML/CFT Policy and its procedures;
- Control AMLCFT System and be the administrator to control customer risk rating model and transaction monitoring parameter;
- Being proactive in identifying, documenting and assessing the AML/CFT pattern associated with the Bank’s business activities, including the product development, business practices, customers relationship or material change in the nature of such relationship;
- Prepare or review all applicable reports up on demand;
- Prepare the Minutes of Compliance Committee Meeting;
- Prepare/review the Compliance Department Budget Plan and submitted to Head of Compliance;
- Prepare any administrative activities necessary to run the department;
- Perform necessary quality control on all activities in AML/CFT Compliance Unit;
- Other tasks to be assigned by Head of Compliance Department or higher management.
Skills and Qualification Required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in law, Finance and Banking or equivalent qualification;
- At least 3 - 6 years experience gained in banking and finance industry preferably in compliance, risk, and internal or external audit;
- Good knowledge experience in regulations applicable for commercial bank;
- Strong knowledge of corporate governance and internal control;
- Good analytical skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Experienced and have strong advising, problem solving and decision-making skill;
- Experience in leadership, strategic planning and change management;
- Good understanding of industry's trends and issues;Very good in English;
- Good presentation and communication skills to enhance risk and compliance culture within the organization.
- Proactive and good initiative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only your updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via application below.