Deputy Branch Manager - Lending Full-time Job6 months ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 124 views
Deputy Branch Manager - Lending
Posted:04/01/2019 -Closing Date:04/02/2019
The Deputy Branch Manager Lending (DBML) is responsible for overseeing all lending activities of the branch, which includes growing small and medium loan portfolio, managing loan quality and monitoring loan performance. In order to make lending approval process efficient and faster, bank management also decide delegate certain credit approval authority of branch manager to DBML, by creating Sub-Branch Credit Committee (SBCC) at branch level.
- Independence Monument Branch, Phnom penh (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring good quality of all types of loans processed by branch’s loan officers. To assist loan officers for site visit of client's business and collateral to ensure the quality of loan. All loans above USD 100
- Must be visited by LNMG to ensure the business and collateral condition of applicant. Loans below USD 100K should be selected on case by case basis for physical site visit.
- To approve disbursement of loans in core banking system within the approval limit set by bank management.
- Has credit approval authority (Sub-Branch Credit Committee(SBCC) by Branch Manager at branch level
- Close monitor and review targets/KPIs assigned to subordinates– when results fall short of targets, understand why and agree what to do differently to improve performance. Take action to coach and; improve subordinates’ performances as necessary.
- Arranging staff training needs by working with the relevant Departments and ensuring /encouraging staff to attend and share knowledge.
- Providing induction training for new comer, conduct regular feedback, encouragement and maintain open communication at workplace.
- Daily review of loan repayments. Regular review of overdue Client's and management of overdue loans. To exit overdue loans from books of the bank.
- Ensuring timely review of credit facilities prior to expiry date and getting those extended on time.
- Communicating with relevant departments of Head Office regarding loan approval process and maintaining healthy quality of loans.
- To ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures of the bank by subordinates.
- Driving the lending team to market products to increase the public awareness of the branch, products, and services to increase public’s trust to the branch.
- Act as a key leader to tackle with ABA’s existing and potential customers’ feedback, suggestion and complaint.
- Keep a close eye on your local competitors – what they do and how they perform. Then, inform to direct manager or concerned departments for actions to protect the best interest and competitiveness.
- Keep up-to-day with ABA’s products and marketing campaigns to ensure branch provides superior services provided to client.
- Contributing to the development of sound profitable business by creating
- Effective referral networks, including internal business relationship, and other local marketing activities. Develop sales strategies and implement to boost the lending products in the market.
- Ensuring loan clients of the branch are well serviced and being able to handle any complaints of clients and immediately report to branch manager in case any potential loss of key Loan Client.
- Ensuring that the service standards of ABA Bank have been fully followed by branch’s staffs.
- Ensuring forms, brochure, leaflets are ready-to-service and put in order
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics or other related fields.
- At least 3 years experience in managing and leading a team work and portfolio of business customers;
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Sound lending and financial skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing a team work and portfolio of business customers
- High degree of self-motivation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Lending products and services and other cross products offered by the Bank
- Practical knowledge of Lending risk and compliance with policies and procedures in Lending Policy, BL and MBL Policy etc.
- Sound understanding of the banking industry’s performances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only your updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via application below.