Regulatory Compliance Control and Reporting Officer Full-time Job7 months ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 293 views
Regulatory Compliance Control and Reporting Officer
Posted: 26/Apr/2022 - Closing Date: 26/May/2022
To prepare internal and external reports of the implemented regulations as required by the Bank including correspondence with regulator and relevant authorities to prove as communication tool that the Bank fulfills its obligation of compliance to applicable regulations.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare response to regulator and/or third parties for matters relevant to AML/CFT and Regulatory Compliance to provide highly professional, precise and compliant correspondence.
- Draft and proofread correspondence letters in timely manner by ensuring error-free, professional and precise writeup.
- Partake in the preparation of FATCA report by working closely with line manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare critical analysis reports for BODs and other reports requested by Management Team in regard to AML/CFT and Regulatory Compliance.
- Initiate and follow up the implementation of action plans against gap analysis of FATCA implementation.
- Monitor the changes of regulations and those that require long-term action plan to ensure fulfillment of it.
- Update the status of implementation of action plan including gaps which have been previously identified by internal and external auditors, regulator, parent company and self-attestation.
- Act as a leading subject-matter expert, applying high-level analytical and investigative skills and specialist expertise to support decision making.
- Provide robust advice and technical expertise to support day-to-day activities within regulatory compliance and to departments/divisions of the Bank.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the purpose and outcomes of the regulatory compliance functions.
- Contribute to the development of the regulatory compliance function.
- Participate in coaching and training co-workers.
- Ensure implementation of the Bank’s policy and procedure to be in line with the National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) and National Bank of Canada (BNC) standards.
- Ensure all banking product/service development, core business areas and operational activities are compliant with NBC and local regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all dealings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure timely action and reporting requirement to line manager.
- Promote a culture of compliance risk awareness among staff of the units at all time.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and banking, business law, auditing or any relevant field.
- Minimum one year of working experiences in auditing field.
- Knowledge in FATCA and security exchange (preferred).
- Knowledge of the Bank operations, banking rules and regulations, and international standards.
- Sound analytical skill, logical thinking, good sense of judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Good team work and interpersonal skill.
- Very good command in writing and reporting with logical analysis.
- Ability to use and communicate in both Khmer and English.
- Basic Microsoft Office and Bank’s software.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through recruitment(at)ababank.com.