MySQL Database Administrator Full-time Job1 year ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 409 views
MySQL Database Administrator
Posted:12/11/2018 -Closing Date:12/12/2018
We are looking for an experienced MySQL Database Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, monitoring, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, monitoring, migration and replication.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Prepare documentations and specifications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Run daily check all logs to make sure DB is healthy and provide report to line manager.
- Involve in database design with web developer and suggest high performance of database structure and indexing correctly.
- Set up instance notification via email or SMS if any incident occur.
Skills and Qualification Required
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- Able to configure the real-time monitoring of traffic at network entry level.
- Strong proficiency in SQL injection, brute force attacks and other types of database attacks.
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL.
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL.
- Knowledge of de-factor standards and best practices in MySQL.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements.
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications.
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / SVN.
- Proactively on any incident issue may happen.
- Take ownership on assigned task and having high responsibility.
- Used to manage big data of application and be able to set up load balancing traffic.
- Required Linux commands.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only their updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via the Application form below.