Legal Manager/Company Secretary Full-time Job2 years ago - Microfinance Institution - Phnom Penh - 836 views
Job Title : Legal Manager/Company Secretary
Report to : Head of Legal and Compliance
Location : Head Office
Closing Date : November 30, 2018
- Provide legal advice to Board and Management of AMK—banking and finance matters, general corporate and commercial matters, HR and other matters.
- Negotiate, draft and review legal documentation including but not limited to security documents, commercial contracts and agreements, internal policies and procedures, and terms and conditions of new products and activities.
- Manage company registration with the National Bank of Cambodia, the Ministry of Commerce and other relevant authorities /regulators.
- Liaise with relevant local authorities/regulators on regulatory matters.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and ensure that the Management is well informed and appropriate actions are taken—by establishing a comprehensive regulatory matrix.
- Plan and put in place a robust governance framework.
- Provide efficient and reliable corporate secretarial services by ensuring proper administration of Board/Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting in accordance with relevant provisions of law.
- Ensure that all Board and Committee Meetings are conducted smoothly and all minutes thereof are recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all decisions of the Board and Committee are communicated to related parties on a timely basis.
- Maintain and update a list of registered shareholders, directors, and other board committee members.
- Review Terms of Reference of the Board/Board Committees and Management Committees of AMK.
- Ensure that all policies, guidelines, procedures, and other documents are duly approved by CEO and/or the board.
Qualification and Experiences:
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws.
- Knowledge of banking and financial institution laws, company laws, and other relevant laws and regulations governing microfinance institution is required.
- At least 5 years working experience in a financial institution in the field of legal and compliance or in a law firm.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Khmer and the ability to interact effectively and collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Honesty, reliability, attention to details and a commitment to strict confidentiality.
- High motivation to perform tasks without supervision and ability to work with a team.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; and
Interested candidates should apply by sending a CV and a cover letter to: AMK branch and sub-branch offices or Head Office, Building 285, Yothapol Khemarak Phoumin Blvd. (271), Sk. Tomnub Tuek, Kh. Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of obtained certificates or confirm letter by the University
A copy of national identification, family book, and certificate of birth
A copy of transcript is preferred.
For additional information, please contact at Tel: (023) 993 062 / (023) 224 763 or visiting website: www.amkcambodia.com
AMK is an equal opportunity employment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.