Head of Financial Audit Unit Full-time Job4 years ago - Commercial Bank - Phnom Penh - 1.5K views
Head of Financial Audit Unit
Posted:18/11/2019 -Closing Date:18/12/2019
Head of Financial Audit Unit is responsible to assist the Deputy Head of Internal Audit in developing and executing the audit plan, take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits, contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by designing the applicable planning tool, execution tool, and validating the branch audit mandate report, guide team member to identify risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. He/she is also responsible to provide value-added advice and support to business partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained, share and train team member about leadership and maintaining consistent performance toward high result, manage Financial Audit Unit, monitor and manage audit plan under responsibility, review and validate branch audit mandate prior submitting to HIA within the audit timeframe, develop action plan for member’s improvement on functional and non-functional skill, arrange internal meeting for keeping follow-up the action plan and mandate improvement.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as an auditor for financial, operational, and compliance audits, including but not limited to audits of back office functions such as Contact Center, Collections and Lending (Consumer and Commercial) functions.
- Prepares for audits, researches regulations, understands policies and procedures, develops an audit program with management and uses it as foundation to perform fieldwork.
- Prepares accurate and suitable testing sheets, collects and archives supporting audit work papers to substantiate audit findings.
- Drafts audit reports containing risk-ranked audit findings and recommendations for mitigating actions.
- Collects management responses including action plans and ensures management responses adequately address the audit findings.
- Conducts audit Closing Meeting at the end of each engagement; describes the audit work performed and includes management remediation plan in final report published to senior management and the Supervisory Committee.
- Develops and maintains key relationships with all members of the organization including staff, management, and external stakeholders to ensure productive communication and identification of risks.
- Completes special projects as assigned by management.
- Ensures full compliance with Advance Bank of Asia's Service Standards, policies, procedures and regulation.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum two years auditing experience, preferably in a financial institution, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Professional certification preferred (i.e. CPA and CIA)
- Operational and financial audit experience with a full understanding of COSO, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing & Practice Advisories, risk-based auditing, and the ability to independently drive the audit process including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong data analysis skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, and ACL Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only your updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via application below.